How to create an OAuth client
Once you have a LogMeIn account, you can create an authentication client on the site. LogMeIn uses OAuth 2.0 for authentication.
The authentication client connects your developer account and the LogMeIn products you specify. It provides a client ID and a client secret you can use in the authentication process to request an OAuth access token.
Create a client (Details)
- In GoToDevelopers, choose OAuth Clients from the menu. If you have not created a client yet, you see the intro graphic. Choose Create a client to continue.
- If you already have clients, they are listed here. Scroll to the bottom of this listing and select Create a New Client.
- On the Details page, enter a Client name, an optional Description, and at least one Redirect URI. (Click Add to add additional redirect URIs.)
- Click Next to continue.
Create a client (Scopes)
A scope is an authorization from the end user to let your integration to act on their behalf with a specified product. This is completely independent of the permissions that the user has in their LogMeIn account or products.
The user will be prompted to allow these scopes when they log into the product during API authentication.
- Select the products and functions you intend to include in your application(s).
- For Jive, you can select the product to include all scopes, or unselect the product and choose individual scopes as needed.
- Click Save.
The following image shows the Jive scopes in detail.
Create a client (Credentials)
The client credentials are displayed. It is important to note that the client ID and client secret are required during authentication. The client secret is displayed here ONCE, only during client creation. Then it is hidden and irretrievable.
- Copy the client ID.
- Copy the client secret.
- Click the box 'I have stored the client secret.'
- Click Done.
If you are using Postman as your API development platform, you can store client data in your Postman environment, though this has security limitations.
- How much do the LogMeIn APIs cost?
- How do I get started?
- How do I get support for the APIs?
- Can I access more than one product API?
- What are the rate limits for the APIs?
- How to login or create a developer account
- How to create an OAuth client
- How to obtain an access token
- How to obtain and use refresh tokens
- How to use Postman API collections
- GoToWebinar webhooks
- How to use GoToWebinar webhooks
- Date and time conventions
- Paging, Sorting & Filtering Output
- OAuth Migration Guide
- Direct Login Migration
- Migrating from GoToConnect to LogMeIn Authentication API
- Migration Guide for the Realtime API Subscription Line Types
- Java SDK
- .NET SDK
- SDK License Agreement