How can I add GoToWebinar registrants from an Excel file?
I have a list with first name, last name and email address of registrants. How can I register all these users for a webinar without coding?
You can create curl commands with the registrant data within Excel and run these commands in the cygwin terminal. In detail it works as follows:
- Register in the developer portal and create a new application in the portal. Enter the following data:
- App Name: G2W registration
- Description: G2W registration
- Product API: GoToWebinar
- Application URL: https://api.getgo.com
- If you need more thaen 10 calls/second or 500 calls/day send your consumer key (API key) to email@example.com and request production level.
- Download the Excel template extract and open it.
- Create an access token using the direct login method. Enter the access_token and organizer_key in the Excel sheet in line 1 and 2 respectively.
- Create a webinar or open an existing webinar in the web portal. In the URL you find the webinarKey. Enter this webinarKey in the Excel sheet in line 3.
- Enter the registrants data in the Excel sheet in the columns firstName, lastName and email.
- In the column "Curl commands" the curl commands to register the users are created automatically.
- Copy all curl commands into a text file with the name "CreateRegistrants.sh".
- If you are working on a Windows PC download Cygwin and install it with the curl package.
- Copy the file "CreateRegistrants.sh" into your cygwin home directory, e.g. C:\cygwin\home\thomas\CreateRegistrants.sh.
- Open the cygwin terminal and enter ./CreateRegistrants.sh. The registrants are created and the JoinUrl for each registant is copied into the file JoinUrl.txt.
- If you are working on a Mac, Linux oder Unix computer you have to set the permission to execute the file CreateRegistrants.sh:
- Open the command shell.
- Change to the directory were the file CreateRegistrants.sh is located.
- Enter the command "chmod +x CreateRegistrants.sh".
- Enter ./CreateRegistrants.sh. The registrants are created and the JoinUrl for each registant is copied into the file JoinUrl.txt.